Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Card # 5


Hello Everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm always glad it's Friday I just now realized. Oh, well, I almost forgot to post my 5th Mother's Day card. Better late than never. This one is for my sister in law who is an awesome quilter. I love that she is a quilter. Not only because she does beautiful work, but because I get to make sewing inspired cards for her. And I happen to like sewing images.

This card was inspired by a card I saw in the most recent issue of Paper Crafts magazine. As I had recently purchased the Tailor-Made stamp set from my friend Kate who is a CTMH rep, I jumped at the chance to make my version of the card I saw in the magazine.

This card is pretty simple in design. I used a paper piercer and template to make the holes around the card mat and then hand sewed a back stitch using a needle and thread. I stamped the sewing machine onto patterned paper, cut a few strips from the same paper pack, punched the pennant shapes and grabbed a few buttons from my button jar. I added the sentiment which was from the same stamp set (I left out the "I" as this card is from my husband and myself). I'm very happy with how this card turned out. I loved every step of the evolution of this card, especially the hand sewing.


Thanks to my friend Cathy, I feel guilty if I do not decorate the inside of a card. This time I welcomed the opportunity. I had previously heat embossed a few of the stamped images hoping to use them for the front of the card, but it just didn't come together as I'd hoped. I added the tape measure and pin cushion to the inside of  the card along with a coordinating paper mat and a note I printed out using Microsoft word and my printer.  I love the card and more importantly my sister in law loves it. I'm so lucky to have people in my life who appreciate the cards I craft for them.

Materials used:
Cardstock: Ivory (Stampin Up); Patterned Paper: Everyday Enchantment (Stampin Up); Ink: black (Memento); Stamp set: Tailor-Made (Close to My heart); Paper Punch: Pennant (Stampin Up).

I hope all the nurturing women out there have a very Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...