Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Patriotic Challenge

Hi all! This is officially my first post. My  friend Maggie made me this awesome blog and used some previous postings to start it for me. Thank you, Maggie! Welcome. I hope you will become a follower and come visit me often.

My project today is for the Cricut Circle Patriotic Challenge over on the Circle Blog. It seems most of my projects these days are made for, or inspired by, the Circle Blog. I'm not even sure what the prize is this time, but wish me luck!

My project is a wreath. I had a naked grapevine wreath just hanging around the house for several months and a bare door that needed an adornment and decided I'd take this opportunity to do something about both of them. The challenge requirements were simple, at least two Cricut cuts and a patriotic them.

Here's what I did:

  • The stars were cut from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge-cut at 3.5 inches (5) and 1.5 inches(10). I scored each heart from  point straight across using my Scor-pal. I folded each point along the score line and then pinched each leg of the star . This created the 3D effect. I cut 5 Circles at 2.75 inches and hot glued a large star to each. 
  • Glue each star/circle to a pleated circle (not sure what these are officially called). They were made by cutting 2 12"X2" paper strips. Each strip was scored at 1/2 inch intervals and then accordion folded. The accordions were attach end to end and then joined to made an accordion circle. I had to hold the accordion in place while hot gluing the circle/star to it and it was a bit tricky.
  • You can see at least one of my accordions turned out rather wonky (if you look closely). The USA sign was made using a simple frame and shadow from Lacy Labels (cut at 3.5 inches). The USA font was from the Birthday Cakes cartridge (cut at 2 inches), also with shadow. I'm really liking this cartridge. Thank you Kris S. (my Circle pal) for gifting me this awesome cartridge.

  • I added some eyelets and bakers twine and there you have it. I really did not have high expectations for this project but really like the way it turned out. And it was very quick and simple to put together.

The small  stars were scattered around the wreath and adhered with hot glue. This was an extremely economical project. Materials were a grapevine wreath, cardstock, a few eyelets and bakers twine.

Maggie would be so proud of me for not being perfect...and yet still liking this project! Thanks to Daphne and Angie for giving me the patriotic paper I used, and to Maggie for teaching me how to make these stars 3D. I also used red, white and blue cardstock from Stampin' Up and Bazzill.

Please become a follower and leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Father's Day and a tray tutorial!

Hi Everyone,
Father's Day is in less than 2 weeks!

I bought this Painter's tray last November and decided I would have to do something special for myself with it. Not long after I saw a Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 paper pack being offered by a local scrapbook store and I asked a friend to pick it up for me.
Five months later I finally had an idea of what I would do with both items. Basically, use them with a hodge podge of textured embellishments to create something I liked looking at. Along the way friends donated pieces that I incorporated and I had a blast checking out the jewelry aisle for metal jewelry making "embellishments". I also cut out some of the  images using my new E2 Cricut Machine.

Products used:
Circa 1934 Cosmo Cricket Paper pack and stickers
Painters Tray-7 Gypsies
Metal bird cage-Jewelry charm by Urban (? something or other),Large bling, black velvet, large white pearl button with stick pin, and acetate clock face - Teresa Collins,Metal embellishments-assorted jewelry charms found in Michaels,Multi layered bird-Picturesque cartridge-Image is cut 4 times from black cardstock and 3 times from newsprint paper stacked and pop dotted.
Door-Wild Card cartridge,Background for bird-Paper Lace (image is stretched using Gypsy)
"Lucky"-Cursive 101 cartridge-welded using Gypsy. Crystal glaze and clear rhinestone added.
Musical Notes-Hannah Montana cartridge,Viva Decor Pearl Pen-white (this might be my new favorite paper crafting material!)
Assorted buttons, tulle, brads, glitter pens, metal washers/gears round out the project.



IMGP0869 This project was a blast! I highly recommend doing one for yourself!
Here is a final look.
Thank you,


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

how to spruce up your bathroom tutorial!


 Hi Everyone,
A quick way to spruce any bathroom!

Wood framed art trio
You can use dictionary papers to stamp the images and recreate this awesome frame trio below.

  • 3 $1 square wood frame from Michaels. Painted with black acrylic paint. Newsprint paper from Stampin ‘Up Spring Mini catalog, distressed with Ranger Ink Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
  • Bird stamp and Nest stamp from Inkadinkado, Tree stamp from Stampin Up. Ink-Black/Versafine, other colored ink all from Stampin Up.
  • Metal dots from Imaginesce I-Rock collection. Two coats of Mod Podge were applied to paper/images.
  • I will add ribbon to hang frames on my bathroom wall.


Voila, this is a fun way to spruce up your home using your stash.
Have a great weekend,

Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome, Bienvenue, Bienvenido,Willkommen,Καλώς ήρθατε

A big welcome to all my friends all over the world. This blog is created to share all my projects and as a spot for us to share our love of crafting.
Don't be shy feel free to leave me a message or tell me anything else that's on your mind.
My hope is that you will visit me often and also tell your friends about this blog.
With that in mind, have a great week till I see you again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...