Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dedication Card




Hi, all. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since my last blog post! Life has been a bit crazy since I last posted. My daughter accepted a job in Dallas and so the month of April was pretty much driving to Dallas, helping her get set up, and then catching up on everything that needed my attention while I was away.  I also had a hectic month at work, and a girl friend's scrapping retreat (it was awesome!) during that time.

Even though I have not posted, it doesn't mean I have not been crafting. I am loving my Silhouette Cameo more and more everyday.  I've been using her for just about every project I can think of and love how easy it is to manipulate images to suit my needs.

My great niece Aila had her dedication in April. Hubby and I were invited but unfortunately could not attend due to an over hectic schedule. I did manage to create a card for her though. I know Aila's parents are deeply religious, and God will play a huge part in Aila's life. So, I wanted to make her a card that would acknowledge this important day in her life.

This card was made using images all purchased from the Silhouette America store. The background is  simply called "background" the cross is called "cross" and the corners are called "art nouveau heart corner".


I used gold specialty paper (from my stash) as well as cream and pink cardstock from Stampin Up. The cross was embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I added a pearl and gold brad (The Eyelet Outlet), self adhesive pearls (Martha Stewart and Reflections) and pink pearl flourishes (Zva Creative).

One thing I love about the Cameo is how easy it is to manipulate shapes. The diamond shape lattice back ground was designed for a 12X12 layout page, I resized it to fit a 5x7 card. The cross and corners did not have shadow black outs, I used the offset features to make them, in a flash.

For the inside I used a simple phrase, also purchased from the Silhouette store. 
I love the simple beautify of this card. I hope Travis and Britni  (Aila's parents) like it, too.

I have several Mother's Day cards to share this week. So please check in again. It's great to be back!

Have a wonderful day,
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...