Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day Card-#3


Hey, hey hey, it's Hump day...hooray! I'm back with the Mother's Day card I made for my sister, Theresa. Besides being a great sister and a wonderful Mom to my nieces and nephew, she is my son's Godmother. And a pretty darn good one! I love the card I made for her.

This time I used one of the several card base images I purchased from the Silhouette Online store. This one is card base #9. I will be using these card bases more often, as they are a pretty terrific start to any card. As I have stated before, manipulating shapes on the Cameo is so easy. I decided I wanted a shadow blackout to place behind the front of the card, so I manipulated the original shape using the duplicate, cut, re-size, offset, and delete features of the Silhouette software. Sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it? It wasn't! The Happy Mother's Day phrase was also purchased from the Silhouette store and I used the same process to create a shadow blackout for it as well.

Design materials and details: Cardstock: Bashful Blue and Everday Enchantment (Stampin Up); Paper and felt flowers: from my stash: Punch-butterfly (Martha Stewart); brads and ribbon: also from my stash.


Inside sentiment created by me using Microsoft Word and free font.


Finished card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again tomorrow when I will show you a card for my sister in law....it has a sewing theme!

Ciao!
Carole


1 comment:

  1. Great Card! Love that shadow!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...